Following on from Wannacry, NotPetya is the latest ransomware threat that is now threatening businesses, organisations and individuals across the world. If you have not done so already, you need to take urgent action NOW to make sure that you do not fall victim to a massive cyber-attack that has infected machines globally demanding ransom. It’s an evolution of last year’s Petya, but adapted to beat the fixes put in place to beat it then. It’s a sophisticated threat that is already costing private and municipal infrastructure worldwide in terms of real cost and loss of data.
Reports of the ransomware are getting this message, indicating a ransomware attack is to blame.
KubeNet’s recommended actions now
- Stay vigilant while using your computers – if in doubt about any communications you receive, call IT.
- When dealing with any data from unknown sources, we recommend you to follow your company or organisation best practice IT instructions.
Here’s a KubeNet checklist of countermeasures and actions to take and to publicise to your people:
- Do not open attachments/URLs in unsolicited e-mails
- Report any suspicious emails/attachments to your IT Team
- Adhere to your company usage policy
- Seek advice before downloading software & data
- Ensure your Anti-Virus is up-to-date
- Backup your critical data periodically
- Do not use any Admin Accounts/Privileges unless necessary
- Make sure that your people know how to disconnect their computer, laptop or device from the network if that think it is infected
If the worst happens or you believe that you Infected:
- Disconnect your computer or Laptop from the network and contact your IT or security team
To ensure the highest protection level, upgrade your firewall or install one immediately. Our solution is KMFS: KubeNet Managed Firewall Service. Find out more about how it can protect you and your data here or mail us now on firstname.lastname@example.org for a free security consultation and report.