October is the scariest month of the year not because of Halloween but because it’s Cyber Security awareness month and Cyber Security facts are far scarier than any ghost stories.
Terrifying Cyber Security Facts
- 38% of malicious file extensions are made up of Microsoft Office formats such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- 71% of cyber-attacks begin with spear-phishing emails
- 69% of organisations don’t believe that threats they’re seeing can be blocked by their anti-virus
- 41% of companies have over 1,000 sensitive files including credit card numbers and health records
- 350% = the growth of ransomware attacks annually
Even Scarier stuff
Your fears are rooted in even scarier online activities!
As many as 60% of people share personal details like birthdays and family members
43% of people do not change their privacy settings or change only when prompted
1 in 4 people use the same password or a variation of it for all their accounts
How to combat your Cyber Security horror
Take these measures to make cyber security less scary.
- Manage your online accounts with a password manager like Last Pass
- Back up data or have a secure disaster recovery plan should the worst happen
- Install an industry leading security solution like Cisco Umbrella
No tricks just treats
If you still find Cyber Security and cyber attacks scarier than IT, Michael Myers or losing your iPhone then speak to KubeNet, we could turn October from fright to delight with a FREE NO OBLIGATION 21 day trial of Cisco Umbrella the cloud security platform that provides the 1st line of defence against threats on the internet wherever you are. During the trial you have the option to scare yourself silly and see what nasties Umbrella as protected you from.
Call us now to arrange a FREE trial or to discuss how you can protect your IT infrastructure and devices
0800 668 1266 or email email@example.com